All abstracts must be submitted on-line through the abstract submission system. Abstracts that are sent via e-mail or fax will not be included in the abstract assessment process by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract Submission Guideline
- Each participant may only submit one abstract as a presenting author. Further abstracts having the same participant as the “presenting author” will not be taken into consideration by the Scientific Committee. In the case of having more than one abstract submitted by the same presenting author, the Scientific Committee will select one of the abstracts randomly and evaluate only this selected abstract.
- The presenting author assumes full responsibility of the content of the abstract and must ensure that all other authors are aware of this content before the abstract is submitted.
- Presenting author is required to register the congress in order to have the abstract accepted.
Preparation of Abstracts
Accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract USB as they are submitted in the abstract submission system. Since there will be no editing process on the abstracts, the authors are required to avoid any typing errors, misordering of the authors, wrong spelling/writing about the institutions, etc.
- All abstracts should be prepared in English.
- Category: A main category that is relevant for your abstract must be selected during the submission process. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the category during the abstract assessment process.
Abstract Submission Categories:
- Presentation type: Abstracts can be presented as either oral or poster presentation. Presentation type of the abstract should be selected during the submission process. There is also "Case Report" submmission option. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to change the presentation type according to the availability of the scientific programme.
- The invited faculty of the congress should select the “invited speaker’s abstract” as the presentation type for the abstracts of their lectures in the scientific programme.
- Title: Abstract title can contain maximum 250 characters.
- Author(s): First and last names, institutions, and e-mail addresses of the authors must be fully indicated correctly and in the right order. The accepted abstracts will be published in the Congress Abstract USB with the indicated author and institution names without making any adjustments.
- Institution(s): The institution(s) of the authors should be indicated fully with the “department” and “institution” names while avoiding any abbreviations such as Dept., Inst., Hosp., etc. The institution and city should be written in small letters while the initials of each word are written in capitals. The country should be selected from the drop down list correctly.
- Abstract text: Abstract texts should not exceed 200 words. The title of the abstract, authors’ names, their institutions and keywords are not included in this limit.
- Abstract texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Case Report texts should be consisting of four sections given below:
- Any images, tables, diagrams and graphs are not allowed in the abstract texts.
- Keywords: Keywords should not be included in any of the sections of the abstract text, and written only in the section dedicated for keywords.
- Minimum 3 maximum 6 keywords can be indicated. All keywords should be written in small letters and with a comma in between.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- It is possible to make changes in the already submitted abstracts until March 25, 2016. It will not be possible to make changes after this deadline. You can login to the abstract submission system with your username and password and edit your abstract within this period. Please note your username and password for future use. If you forget this information, please get in contact with Ms. Asuman Toraman from the Congress Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please ensure that the e-mail address of the authors should be entered correctly to enable the Congress Organizing Secretariat with you regarding the abstract. All information regarding the acceptance, any required adjustments, and scheduling will be communicated through the e-mail of the contact author who is submitting the abstract.
When the submission process finalized, you will see your abstract under the title “Submitted Abstract”. If your abstract is not seen here, please kindly turn back and check the steps of your submission. Kindly note that “Not-Submitted Abstracts” will not be taken into consideration during the abstract evaluation process without any further notification about completing the submission of the abstract.
Upon submitting your abstract an e-mail including the “Abstract Number” and “Title” of your abstract will be sent to the contact author who has submitted the abstract.
Evaluation Process and Acceptance Letters
All submitted abstracts will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee following the abstract submission deadline and the acceptance letters will be sent latest by April 20, 2016 via e-mail.
Relevant information about your abstract’s presentation including the presentation date, time, hall, presentation number will be included in the acceptance letters.
Presenting author of the abstract must be registered to the congress no later than May 8th, 2016 Abstracts of the presenting authors who do not register to the congress and do not makes the registration payment by this deadline, will be cancelled, and removed from the final program book.
Information Regarding the Preparation of Poster Presentations
Kindly note the following information regarding the poster presentations:
- Posters may be prepared on a single spread sheet with the dimensions of 70 cm. width x 90 cm. height (portrait)
- It is recommended to allocate the top part of the poster for the title, authors' names and institutions, as they appear in the abstract.
- Posters should be prepared with font size that can be read from a distance of 2 m.
- Hanging materials will be ready in the Posters Area during the congress.
-The posters will be displayed within certain time slots for a limited time period. They will not be displayed for the entire congress time. Your schedule will be shared. The presenters will be asked to be present at their designated poster board(s) during coffee and lunch breaks to answer any questions. Please add the timing for the coffee breaks as it is the same every day.
For any further assistance about the abstract submission and/or evaluation processes, kindly contact with Ms. Asuman Toraman (email@example.com) from the Congress Secretariat.